Tuesday, June 23, 2009

bake like it's 1986

LinkMaybe it’s a result of growing up amid the fluorescent flash and permed excesses of the ‘80s, but I have a serious obsession with kitschy novelty items. My namesake, who not only is aware of my penchant but encourages it (see purple plastic dangly airplane earrings from Thailand), sent me a link to HeyYoYo. Shockingly, the oh-so-'80s merchandise lives up to the the awesomeness of the name with its quirky cupcake toppers and decorations, which, if I was a few decades younger, would totally double as Barbie home accessories. Let's get our New Wave bake on.
Pop cans on sticks! That's right -- not soda, pop. And pop so vintage it pre-dates Crystal Pepsi.
Sigh. Reminds me of acid washed jeans and sweaty-handed couple skates at Ohio Skate, Toledo's pulsing pinnacle of preadolescent romance.
I totally would have wanted to link these boxes of cereal and assorted carbs to my charm necklace. In fact, I might...

2 comments:

  1. Dear namesake, I would like cupcakes made with plastic vintage beer cans for my next birthday please.
    Smooches,
    Namesake

    ReplyDelete
  2. With leopard print cupcake liners? Done.

    ReplyDelete