Friday, April 10, 2009

hitting the bar (cookies)

In my opinion, dark chocolate is overrated. Yeah, yeah, antioxidants, I get it. But it's white chocolate that really gets neglected. So, it's my wish that these cookie bars elevate the status of my delicious friends. Plus there's cranberries for antioxidants. And Omega-3s. Take that.

White Chocolate Chunk-Cranberry Cookie Bars


1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 Omega-3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chunks
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Mix in egg whites. I would have added vanilla, but I was out (sigh). Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chocolate chunks and cranberries. Spread batter into an 8x8 greased glass pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Lick the bowl.
Baking Tunes: Ben Gibbard's cover of "It'll Be a Breeze." And these cookie bars were. I won't take that back.

3 comments:

  1. that cookie bar looks so light and fluffy, i want to lay my head on it and take a nap. then i'd only need to turn my head a bit for a little snack. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's one with your name on it if you walk over to my office. And then it's like eating it is almost healthy!

    ReplyDelete